Python Predictions, a Tobania Company, is currently looking for a data engineer.
In this role, you will need to be able to adapt quickly to new technologies, applications and environments. You will operate with our current clients on a medium to long-term basis.
As a data engineer, you will help our clients with building a variety of data applications in the cloud. This includes a broad range of competences, from understanding the requirements, setting up the proper cloud architecture all the way to developing and deploying the application. More specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Design complex analytics solutions with large data sets on distributed systems including the design of data lakes and (data) ingestion pipelines.
- Identify design and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability etc
- Develop microservices to serve data from the data lake or to expose machine learning models’ predictions to customer-facing products
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Engineer or in software engineering in a data context
- Programming experience with one or more languages: Python, Scala, Java, C/C++, …
- Knowledge of relational database technologies/concepts and SQL is required
- Experience building, scheduling and maintaining data pipelines (Airflow, Data Factory, …)
- Understanding of Linux
- Practical experience with at least one cloud provider (GCP, AWS or Azure). Certifications from any of these is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Git and CI/CD
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple stakeholders and tasks, and manage work time effectively.
- Proficient in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, etc
- Interest in Data warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Quality and Governance
- Interest in Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering
- Experience with streaming and incremental data pipelines
- Python Predictions is a Brussels-based service provider specialized in data projects with business impact
- In January 2020, Python Predictions joined Tobania – a leading Belgian business & technology consulting firm that guides their clients through digital business transformation
- Great variation in job content due to missions in different industries, different domains and different environments
- In-company training adapted to your personal needs
- Continuous learning in monthly team meetings and personal development time
- A great team of colleagues with shared values