Python Predictions, a Tobania Company, is looking for a Lead Information Manager.
In this role, you will help our clients create and implement a vision on information management and data governance. All candidates need working proficiency in English; knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus.
As an Information Manager, you will be managing data environments and ensuring they follow agreed project procedures such that the data is accurate, up-to-date and secure.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Understanding the business objectives, the value of data, and implementing the data strategy.
- Helping stakeholders in becoming a data-driven organization by bridging the gap between business and technical roles.
- Building a data-driven culture and increasing data literacy.
- Setting up data roles/teams (incl. defining roles, responsibilities, and ownership).
- Encouraging the use of common data language and managing metadata (definition of data glossaries, inventory of data sources, data standardization, master data management, etc).
- Delegating tasks to different departments to ensure the proper flow of information within the organization.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our information management practice and following up on market trends and technological developments.
- Ensuring that data platforms are compliant with GDPR requirements and data security rules defined by the DPO/CISO.
- Pre-sales activities such as proposal writing, preparing business cases, and organizing demo’s.
- Building and coaching a team of Information Managers and Information Experts.
- At least 3 years of experience in consulting or service-oriented environments of which at least 2 in the area of Information Management/ Data Governance
- Experience with or background in one or more Data Governance & Data Management tools (e.g. Collibra, Purview/Azure Data Catalog, Alation, Talend (Data Catalog & Data Quality), Informatica (IDQ & EDC), IBM (Information Analyzer, Information Governance Catalog or WKC)
- Master degree or equivalent by experience
- Knowledge of data landscapes within an organization and understanding of end-to-end dataflows (source to output / consumer)
- Establishing a clear vision on data documentation
- GDPR knowledge
- Familiar with one or more project management methodologies ( e.g. Agile Scrum, Agile SAFe).
- An analytical mindset and the ability to think conceptually and creatively
- Knowledge of DAMA-DMBOK is considered a plus
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Able to achieve your targets against tight deadlines
- You are eager to learn and have an open mind
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Python Predictions is a Brussels-based service provider specialized in data projects with business impact
- In January 2020, Python Predictions joined Tobania – a leading Belgian business & technology consulting firm that guides their clients through digital business transformation
- Great variation in job content due to missions in different industries, different domains, and different environments
- In-company training adapted to your personal needs
- Continuous learning in monthly team meetings and personal development time
- A great team of colleagues with shared values
- A workstation at one of our customers’ offices or at Tobania (Brussels – Hasselt – Ghent)